Monday, August 27, 2012

"Dirty Old Dog"

Is it so hard to find something nice to say,
About a dirty old dog, that's had his day?
Now he mopes 'n lopes around the home,
Unwilling to play fetch or chew on a bone.
Barking at nothing, or napping all 'morn,
With fur all matted, needing to be shorn.
Pooping inside and peeing around,
That noisy house, though he can't hear a sound.

But I remember when he was just a pup,
When I taught him to sit and to speak up.
He knew how to "shake" and beg by my chair,
My dinner with him, I would always share.
He was smart as a whip and as fast as a dart,
We're the best of friends and never apart.
So I guess it's not hard to find something nice to say,
About that dirty old dog, that always made my day.

© 2012 The King's Coffee, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment