Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"Temptation"

Courtesy of www.toeverytribeblog.com
Temptation
Though they say, “the road to Hell is paved with good intentions,”
None were quite as good as mine.
Though I assured Father I would offend and lapse no more,
I lie, famished, with the swine.
Though my heart, in trials, yearns for your intervention,
To my grim fate, I resign.
Though I lift my eyes to your glory to gladly adore,
I descend to acts, malign.
But though I walk in the dark forest of my own blunders,
In shade, does Your mercy shine.
But though the hounds and vultures of the Netherworld surround,
You lift me to visions divine.
But though hosts of fiends seek to rend my spirit asunder,
My soul is for hands of Thine.
But though every power, terror, horror of Hell, around,
I stay a branch, You the Vine.
Through failure, defect, and fault,
You, My God, my soul exalts.


© 2012 The King's Coffee, All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment